No one buys a home with an expectation to ever request a mortgage forbearance on it. But the reality is, when you buy a home you’re typically locking
Mortgages, Refinancing and HELOCs
Mortgages are the gateway for many on the path to home ownership. As the largest asset (and loan) a lot of people will have, its important to understand the basics of how mortgages work. Below you will find an extensive list of articles with guides, recommendations, pitfalls, and more about what to know when obtaining a mortgage.
If you're new on the path to home ownership, its important that you have your financial house in order. Before buying a home, make sure you have a solid financial plan with a properly structured budget.
If you don't have a financial plan, we got you covered. Check out our 6 Steps to Financial Freedom.
We didn't stop at the boring old mortgage either. Those looking to tap into their equity, lower their monthly payment or extend/shorten their loan term will find a ton of information about mortgage refinancing.
Refinancing a mortgage can be a very beneficial decision when done correctly. Lowering payments or consolidating debt can be a great way to get ahead for the long-term. Just make sure you don't run those credit cards up again if you consolidate them into your mortgage.
To check local Refinancing offers with just your zip code, use this tool:
FREE Refinance Quotes Comparison
Compare Multiple Offers Instantly
Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC)
Not to be forgotten is the powerful home equity line of credit, or HELOC for short. They can provide quick access to cash for just about any reason you can imagine. Whether it's a home remodel, a cash payment on a second home or even a backup emergency fund, a HELOC is a great way to access your home equity in a pinch.
Latest Articles About Mortgages, Refinancing and HELOCs
What to Know Before Refinancing Your Mortgage
Refinancing your mortgage replaces your current home loan with a new one. The most common reason to refinance is to reduce the interest rate on the
What is a Cash-Out Refinance?
For many Americans, their home is the biggest asset on their personal balance sheet. However, real estate is highly illiquid, meaning it's not quick
Pay Off the Mortgage vs. Invest the Cash
Owning a home is an expensive proposition. In fact housing, transportation and food account for more than 60% of the average U.S. household’s
Home Buyer Down Payment Guidelines
People have generally believed that you need a down payment of 20% of a house’s purchase price. You can get a mortgage for the remaining 80% or so.
15 vs 30 Year Mortgage: What You Should Know
You’ve decided to buy a home. Congratulations! Next you will need to get a mortgage. Especially if you’re a first-time home buyer, it’s important to